Working at Cobase
Working at Cobase means joining an inspiring and challenging work environment in an internationally operating business. You'll have the opportunity to scale a new company.
Who we are
Cobase is backed by several banks as strong investors and strategic partners. The company operates independently under its own brand and under its own management.
Cobase offers a SaaS based multi-bank platform to medium and large size corporates and institutions. It provides a single point of access to all bank accounts and other financial products and services from many banks and financial service providers. We harmonise and make multi-banking easier and more efficient for our clients.
New market developments such as the rise of cloud ERPs and Open Banking make this an exciting area to operate in for years to come. Cobase and its recently developed digital services are well positioned to capture the opportunities this provides.
Culture and way of working
- We are an entrepreneurial and agile company
We have an open culture, we share our results, and your input is truly valued
- We work hard and have fun at work
- Good work-life balance, we know you have a life outside work
What we offer
- An inspiring and challenging work environment in an internationally operating business
- The opportunity to scale a new company with international impact
- An attractive salary and employee benefits package that values your contribution.
- Success will be rewarded
- A position based in Amsterdam
Legal Counsel & Compliance Officer
For an open position at Cobase we are looking for a Legal Counsel & Compliance Officer. Cobase was founded in 2017 and by now has significant traction. The role is critical to help us be successful in the scale-up phase of the company and deliver the benefits of our platform (products and services) to medium and large size corporates and Financial Institutions. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is based in Amsterdam.
Your main responsibility is to support the organisation in timely closure of customer challenges, documenting new partnership models and creating awareness of the legal and compliance risks whilst entering into a business relationship with our customers, suppliers, business partners and service providers.
- Create a persistent focus on the legal and compliance aspects of the business relationship with our customers and partners in the organisation;
- Drive the organisation to understand legal and compliance obligations. Ensure we do not take unacceptable risks in these areas and balance risk and reward for other risks;
- Accelerator of the KYC improvement program where we want to make the client onboarding process as tight as possible by means of automation;
- You will be in the lead of complex (customer & partner) legal negotiations. We need you to manage and solve legal issues throughout the client lifecycle;
- Act as compliance officer including policy definition, 2nd line responsibilities and contacts with the regulators;
- Act as privacy officer (preferably CIPP/E certified) within the firm, including contact with the privacy authorities where necessary;
- draft and give input for review of standard or new documentation (Contracts, procedures and policies);
- establish and maintain contact with external advisors; and
- Act as company secretary of the company.
- Team player, emphatic and attuned to cultural differences;
- Relevant law degree, preferably Dutch law, additional specializations (e.g. IT law) are a plus;
- Excellent communication skills and strong influencing skills;
- Negotiating experience preferably in our business domain;
- Wwft experience as a compliance officer is a plus;
- Build relationships with legal counterparts at negotiating partners;
- Outstanding communication, negotiation (and phone) skills;
- Results oriented;
- Experience with client onboarding automation tools;
- Customer focused;
- Well informed about current challenges in legal and compliance area;
- Fluent in English and preferably in at least one other European language;
- Experience with working in an international team; and
- Computer literate.
You should have negotiating experience and preferably have good knowledge and understanding of our business domain (transaction banking, payment hubs, cash management, treasury management and related systems and solutions available on the market).
If you are interested, please send your motivation and CV to our recruitement department with reference to vacancy ID: 2111_01.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial Sales Consultant to join our fintech company in the scale-up stage and be part of the success. We are seeking a Sales Consultant to help drive sales of our platform (products and services) to medium and large size corporates. The platform is proven and is ready for further commercial growth.
Main responsibility of this position is to deepen our client base and increase revenue. You’ll own the full sales cycle, from generating leads and early stage conversations to deal closure. Also, you are responsible for other aspects related to the sales process, i.e. representing the company during events and our (social) media presence.
- Generate and contact leads via call, email, social media, network and build a consistent sales funnel
- Organise client meetings – both in person and/or remotely using online presentation materials and a demo– to understand client needs and present our solution
- Deliver proposals to prospective clients with a successful closing rate
- Develop and maintain deep client relationships, pre and post-deal
- Maintain active participation and membership in networking organizations
- Team player; emphatic and attuned to cultural differences
- Outstanding listening, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations; strong presence
- Inquisitive nature
- Customer focused; drive to understand the client’s pain points
- Entrepreneurial: you take it on
- Fluent in English as well as in at least one other European language
You have approx. 5 years of relevant sales experience in B2B software (preferably SaaS) with proven commercial success. A Good understanding of our business domain (transaction banking, payment hubs, cash management, treasury management) is a big plus.
If you are interested, please send your motivation and CV to our recruitement department with reference to vacancy ID: 2106_01.
What our clients say:
"Cobase offers a unique and standardized way to process payments, leading to the reduction of bank portals and associated tokens."
Scotch & Soda
“We have much better insight into the group’s cash position on a daily basis via Cobase. And the payment process is fully streamlined now. Our end goal is to get rid of electronic banking systems altogether.”
Erwin de Bruijn
Stahl Holding B.V.
“As a newly created organisation, we needed to act fast. Cobase had the shortest implementation time to go live.”
Group Manager Business Control & Treasury
"The Cobase platform works intuitively. We did not need any training. The client service desk is easy to reach, and always willing and able to help.”
Plukon Food Group